BECOME A FRIEND
The Maurice Jagger Centre was established in early 1982 to support the less able and those looking for companionship living in the Calderdale area. We are a self funding charity and we raise all the money to run the Centre which costs circa £75,000 per annum. The only exception is an annual Ward Forum Grant of £500, which we have been fortunate enough to receive for the past few years, although this is not guaranteed. We do this by running lunch clubs every Wednesday and Thursday, organising fund raising events throughout the year, raffles, and hiring out the building to other support Groups.
We are looking for Friends to help us continue to provide and expand our services.
Friends of The Maurice Jagger Centre: –
- will be kept up-to-date with our presentation displayed weekly during the lunch clubs and by keeping our Website and FB page up to date
- can get involved with our activities, for example helping us run the fundraising events
- 50% reduction for the Xmas Lunches for Lunch Club members
- 20% reduction for tickets to the fund raising events
- know that they are directly helping local people who are lonely or less able.
You can become a Friend by simply committing to a regular payment (of whatever sum you choose). All you need to do is complete 2 forms, an application form which incorporates the instruction to your bank and a Gift Aid Declaration, both obtainable from the Administration Office. Gift Aid Declaration can boost your donation by 25p in the￡1. You can also contact the Centre via the Contact Us page and we can send out the forms via e mail for completion and return.
With your support we can continue to support the people of Calderdale into the future for another 40 years
The Maurice Jagger Centre – Registered Charity No 511088