JOB TITLE – PART TIME CLEANER/CARETAKER
THE MAURICE JAGGER CENTRE
Number of Vacancies – 1
Number of Hours – 20 hours per week
Period of Employment – 12 month contract
Monday to Friday Mornings
Start Time between 6 am and 7 am
Start Date – 1st April 2024 to allow 3 weeks intensive training
Pay Rate – £10.42 per hour increasing to £11.50 on completion of training and satisfactory probationary period
Job Purpose – To be responsible for the security, maintenance and cleaning of the Maurice Jagger Centre.
- Caretaking experience in a community building is preferable but not essential as training will be given.
- Must keep the Maurice Jagger Centre in a good clean condition both inside and outside following a schedule of daily, weekly and monthly cleaning routines.
- Must be able to perform simple repairs, maintenance, woodworking and painting tasks.
- Ability to perform security checks of the building, garage and gardens.
- A pleasant can-do attitude to support circa 25 groups that use the Centre.
- Ability to be flexible to work the occasional weekend to support the Charity’s Fundraising Events and to accommodate changing needs of the Centre.
- Must be capable of lifting, moving and stacking tables and chairs.
- Must have the ability to understand the heating and electrical controls.
- Ability to carry out stock control, ordering of consumables, organising call out of suppliers via telephone or e mail.
- Basic knowledge of video and audio equipment and how to turn on the office computer to send e mails.
Interested applicants should submit a CV via e mail to: email@example.com no later than the 31st January 2024.